Leave a comment
- We believe that the Bible is the Word of God, divinely inspired and the supreme authority in all areas of life. Exodus 24:4, Joshua 8:34, Psalm 1:1-3, Psalm 119:105, Matthew 5:17-18, 2 Timothy 3:15-17, Hebrews 2:1-2.
- We believe that there is one true and living God. God reveals Himself to us as God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit, with distinct personal attributes, but without division of nature, essence or being. Genesis 1:1, Deuteronomy 6:4, Psalm 19:1-3, Isaiah 43:3, John 4:24, John 14:6-13, Romans 8:14-15, 1 John 5:7-8.
- We believe that all people are created in the image of God, and as a result are worthy of dignity and respect. At creation, the first man and woman were without sin, in perfect relationship with God. However, the first man and woman were separated from God by their disobedience(sin). All people are now born sinful and live in rebellion against God. Because all men and women are sinful, all deserve the penalty for sin, which is death. Genesis 1:26-30, Matthew 16:26, Acts 17:26-31, Romans 1:19-32, Romans 3:10-23, 1 Corinthians 1:21-31, Ephesians 2:1-22.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, became man and lived a life of perfect obedience here on this earth. On the cross, Jesus became our substitute and died a death we deserve. Because of this sacrifice, our sins are forgiven and our relationship with God is restored. Our repentance of sins and faith in Jesus Christ is our assurance of life in heaven after death. Salvation is possible by God’s grace alone, and not by any effort on our part to please God, because we cannot please God apart from His grace. Jesus shall return to judge all persons at the end of the world. Psalms 2, Matthew 1:18-23, Galatians 4:4-5, Colossians 1:13-22, 1 Peter 2:21-25, John 10-28-29, Romans 5-8-10, Romans 8:1-18, 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24, 1 John 1:6-2:1.
- We believe that through the understanding of God’s Word, the Holy Spirit calls people to a genuine and personal relationship with the heavenly Father. Matthew 16:15-19, Acts 1:8, Acts 2:41-47, 1 Corinthians 5:4-5, Ephesians 2:19-22.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the Church. Ephesians 5:30, 1 Corinthians 12.27, Romans 12:4-5, 1 Corinthians 12:13.
- We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. Matthew 28:18-20, Mark 1:18, Matthew 4:19.
- We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism & discipleship. Psalm 100, Matthew 6:24, Psalm 135:6